Please cite this document as follows:
Backhaus, J. and Lorek, S. (2013). Bridging Across Communities and Cultures Towards Sustainable Consumption. SCORAI Europe Workshop Proceedings, June 4, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey. Sustainable Consumption Transitions Series, Issue 2.
Permanent link: http://d-nb.info/1079506993/34
SCORAI Europe convened a one-day workshop titled “Bridging Across Communities and Cultures Towards Sustainable Consumption”, taking place directly before the 2013 ERSCP-EMSU at Bogaziçi University in Istanbul. In paper submissions and lively discussions participants explored how we can better comprehend existing changes towards more sustainable forms of consumption, as well as how such efforts could be replicated across different communities and cultures. We took a broad reading of “communities and cultures” to include varying geographic and social contexts, but also different types of interest groups, from the business community to civil society, from households to the public sector.
Many thanks to all participants for thought-provoking contributions and stimulating discussions.
On behalf of the organizing team,
- Julia Backhaus, ICIS, Maastricht University
- Frances Fahy, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Sylvia Lorek, Sustainable Europe Research Institute
- Marlyne Sahakian, IPTEH, The University of Lausanne
Abstract review committee
- Maurie Cohen, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Lucia Reisch, Copenhagen Business School
- Burcu Tuncer, CSCP
- Arnold Tukker, TNO
- Philip Vergragt, Tellus Institute & Clark University