Environment Politics and Policy, Azim Premji University (since 2017)
- Program: Master of Arts in Public Policy and Governance (MPG); LL.M. in Law and Development
- Lecturer: Sunayana Ganguly
- Class size: approx. 20 students.
- Duration: 14 weeks, 3 hours per week.
- Objective: gain an introduction to conceptual approaches in relation to environment issues and evaluate the underpinnings of these concepts; critically evaluate ideas of inclusion and justice in the discourses surrounding environmental governance.
- Focus: in relation to consumer-citizens, the course explores the gender dimension, the question of “indigenous” knowledge, the middle classes in India, among other themes.
- Innovative approaches: group work, where students reflect on course reading in discussions and debates around newspaper articles.
- Student evaluation: response papers; group work evaluating case studies in India;
group and individual presentations.
- Course evaluation: Not evaluated as of yet.