SCORAI concluded its 4th International conference June 10-12, which was completely virtual. According to initial reactions the conference was a great success. A survey is being conducted.
350 people from 33 countries registered and over one hundred new Twitter Followers for @SCORAI_org joined the proceedings. The conference included:
- 53 parallel sessions
- 153 paper presentations
- 20 Poster Presentations
- and 7 keynote speakers.
The presentations of the keynote speakers are posted on the SCORAI website (see below). A selection of other presentations and sessions will be posted on the website in the coming weeks and months.
We are greatly indebted to the conference co-chairs, Jennie Stephens and Frances Fahy, and other members of the organizing committee; the logistics manager Liz Allen; the technical manager Daniel Vare; the International Review Panel; the SCORAI Advisory Board, and the many volunteers from Northeastern University in Boston and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
- First day: Welcome & Keynote Integrating Social Justice in Sustainable Consumption Studies: Esteban Kelly and Sherilyn MacGregor
- Second day: Consumption in an Urbanizing World: Anna Coote, Arnold Tukker, Emily Kawano
- Third day: The Path Forward: Barbara Muraca and Peter Victor
- DR135: Communicating Sustainable Consumption and Lifestyles: speakers John de Graaf, Kelley Dennings, Daniel Fischer, Valentina Aversano, Cecile Marsille; chair Philip Vergragt;
- FP 700: The Political Economy of (Un)Sustainable Production and Consumption: A Multi-Disciplinary Synthesis for Research and Action: speakers Cindy Isenhour and Manu Mathai; chair Philip Vergragt
- DR 136 (Paper) (Recording) SCORAI Strategy session; speakers: Philip Vergragt, Halina Brown, Manisha Anantharaman
- DR 501: Understanding post-corona lifestyles for framing sustainability policy: speakers: Fabian Echegaray, Valerie Brachya, Lei Zhang, comments by Janis Brizga and Philip Vergragt (chair)
- DR 500: Sustainable consumption: how to address harmful consumption in cities (C40)
- DR 129: Communicating sustainable lifestyles
- FP 600: Retrofitting the suburbs: Housing and zoning for justice and sustainability