Offered by United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) jointly with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), within the framework of the SWITCH-Asia Programme of the European Union.
- Course moderators: UNEP/UNITAR and international SCP experts
- Program: e-learning course, certificate issued upon successful completion
- Duration: 5 modules, 8 weeks in total
- Participants: policy-makers, NGO representatives, academia, mainly from Asian-Pacific countries
- Evaluation: pilot edition, well-received (98% of respondents in the course survey rated the course as very or mostly useful)
- Focus: Strengthening the ability of national actors in the Asian region to incorporate sustainable consumption and production (SCP) into national policymaking and governance. Participants learn about different concepts and facets of the SCP, as well as regional, national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to implement policies for SCP. Additionally, participants begin to develop basic skills for applying the SCP concept in a real world economic, policy and professional context.
- Approach: The course pedagogy is adapted to professionals at full-time work schedule. Participants are provided with the opportunity to learn through various experiences: absorb/read (weekly e-books with thematic focus); do (exercises, activities, SCP plan); interact/socialize (through moderated expert discussions), and reflect (developing and peer-reviewing SCP action plans).